Monday, October 6, 2008

Have Hope In God

When I awoke this morning the day was beautiful, I and my family were still healthy, I still had all my senses, I still lived in a free country, I still lived in a nice home and all my physical needs were still being met. But as my eyes opened and I became aware, instead of having a happy heart at all my blessings my mind went immediately to the chaos in our nation’s economy, the deceit and fraud going on in the election process and the prospect of “what if.” I at once cried out to the Lord and He brought one of His promises to my mind, “So as the result of the Messiah’s intervention they shall reverently fear the name of the Lord from the west, and His glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him and put him to flight, for He will come like a mighty stream which the breath of the Lord drives” (Isa.59:19). This verse brought my mind back to focus on the fact that the “Spirit of the Lord” spoken of in this passage is the Spirit of our omnipotent God, El Shaddai, Who has everything under control and is not moved by the adverse happenings among men and governments. He is the One Who moves on the hearts and minds of people. He is the One in control of circumstances. He is the One who uses even the wicked to bring about His purposes.

When the enemy tries to overwhelm us with fearful thoughts we must remember:
1) “No weapon formed against us shall prosper and every tongue that shall rise against you in
judgment will be condemned.” (Isa.54:15-17)

2) “If God be for us who can be against us and prevail?” (Rom.8:31)

3) “With God nothing is impossible.” (Matt.19:26)

4) “For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for
welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.” (Jer.29:11-13)

5) “And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due
time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and
faint.” (Gal.6:9)

6) “Separate the precious from the vile by cleansing our own hearts from doubts concerning God’s faithfulness.” (Jer.15:19)

7) “Without faith it is impossible to please God. For whoever would come near to Him
must of necessity believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who
earnestly and diligently seek Him out.” (Heb.11:6)

8) ”Our faith is more precious than gold” (I Pet:1:7)

9) “Who shall separate us from the love of God – nothing?” (Rom.8:31)

10) “God can do superabundantly above all we dare to ask or think, infinitely beyond our
highest prayers, dreams, thoughts, hopes and desires, in consequence of the action of His
power that is at work within us.”

Having looked at all these precious promises, we dare not look around at the circumstances but look up and focus on the One Who is our Keeper, Deliverer, Savior, Provider and all we need to run this race and finish the course He has set before us. Run with your eyes not on the circumstances, but on the goal, Jesus, Who is the Author and Finisher of our faith, and He will lead us around, through or out of the pitfalls, roadblocks and traps Satan has put in our lives.

The broken economy, precarious campaign and the spiritual down spiral of our nation must not plant fear in our lives – that is from the enemy, Satan. He is the biggest terrorist in our lives. When Satan knocks with fear at the door, let Faith answer.
.
Mary

No comments: