Saturday, February 11, 2012

Can You Imagine?

February 11, 2012

“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him.” (I Corinthians 2:9)

Our imaginations can be a double-edged sword. If we feed our minds Satan’s junk food our imagination begins to think all kinds of fearful and negative things. Satan’s junk food includes his lies, perversion of the Truth, compromises of God’s principles and His attributes – “Did God really mean ---?”- just as he deceived Eve in the garden of Eden. He feeds us his food right off television, or the computer, or any of the avenues of media. He will even entice us to eat of his “delicacies” by wrapping them in a pretty (appearing legitimate and good) wrapper (like a well-informed or educated person, or even a Christian who is deceived, who has already eaten of the deceitful delicacy and passes it on as “truth.”) We have to read the label on the package – the contents may be laced with poison. Satan’s food is deadly, eating his food leaves us frightened for today and filled with fear about tomorrow – this is worry. The imaginations that are a result of worry over life’s anxieties can destroy us, spirit, soul and body, and we become a casualty of Satan’s junk food if we receive, eat and digest it.

On the other hand, when we choose to think on God’s attributes and His promises we get the other side of the double-edged sword that cuts deeply into the goodness of God. When we choose to think on “whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind, winsome and gracious; if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things – fix your minds on them (Phil.4:8 Amp.), then your imaginations will be pure and righteous; and will affect all the rest of your life – your speech and your actions. You will have a wholesome imagination of the things He has prepared for those of us who love Him.

Can you imagine living with the God of the universe, our Savior and Lord, with constant and complete joy, peace and love that never ends; and the wonderful things of the Spirit that we can’t imagine. We that love Christ don’t have to wait until we get to heaven to enjoy all these unimaginable things of God’s goodness, because the Holy Spirit (Who has all the essence of God) is one with God, and lives within us and thus His fruits are manifested in our lives, if we think on the things of Philippians 4:8.

“Now to Him be glory, Who by the consequence of the action of His power that is at work within us, is able to carry out His purpose and do super-abundantly, far over and above all that we dare ask or think (infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes or imaginations)!” (Ephesians 3:20 Amp.) Can you even imagine what He has done for you? How big is your God? How much does He love you? However big or however much you can imagine is not big enough!


"I CAN ONLY IMAGINE"
(Mercy Me)
________________________________________
"I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side...
I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me!
I can only imagine. I can only imagine.
Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!
I can only imagine, when that day comes, when I find myself standing in the Son!
I can only imagine, when all I will do, is forever, forever worship You!
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!
Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!
Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!
I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!! Only imagine!!!
I can only imagine.
I can only imagine, when all I do is forever, forever worship You!
I can only imagine."

No comments: