Thursday, July 7, 2011

God Don't Make No Junk

“It is He Who has made us, and not we ourselves.” (Psalm 100:3)

Atheists and agnostics evidently believe in Darwin’s theory of evolution, that we were not created by Jehovah God but at sometime in the ions an infinitesimal blob crawled out of the primordial slime, evolved into an atom, a molecule, a cell, then the cell met another cell and they joined and rejoined other cell groups until finally out came our ancestors, the apes (they’re not my ancestors!). And here we are today. I have never made even a passing study of Darwin’s Theory of Evolution because I have always known it was Jehovah God Who created the heavens and the earth and all that lives on and in between it. God made everything so why try to confuse the truth with a lot of nonsense and lies.

I was exposed to the truth of the Bible at an early age, I accepted it and believed it then and I still do. I am more convinced today than ever before that there is a God Who created everything, even my brain with its ability to reason and make decisions of what is truth and what is false. I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:13-16). Eugene Peterson says, “Each life is a canvas on which God uses lines and colors, shades and lights that He’s never used before.” Each fingerprint is different. We are uniquely and wonderfully made by a creator that loves us unconditionally (Psalm 139). Ethel Waters said, “I am somebody cause God don’t make no junk.” She had a glimpse of the God of love.

When I read in the Bible that God loves me, I believe it because I have experienced it. I experience God’s love in the wonder of His creation all around me; in His healing touch when I am sick; in His provision and care when I am in need. Most of all I have experienced God’s love in His great plan of salvation, which includes not only me but all who will believe and accept His Son’s sacrifice for our sins. I will never understand why He should love mankind so much that He was willing to come to earth as a baby, live and die just so we could believe in Him and live with Him forever. Why? I don’t understand it but I accept it because the Bible tells me so and His Spirit bears witness with my spirit that I am His child and have eternal life (I John 5:10-13).

The Bible tells me that, “God is love (I John.4:8).” That is His essence. All of His other attributes are the spokes that circulate and are connected to the hub of His character - love. He is faithful because He is love. It would be unloving to be unfaithful. He is merciful because He is love. To withhold mercy would not be loving. He is peace and to act out of confusion or chaos would go against His nature of love, which comforts and appeases. I could go on and on but I just accept the fact that God the Father and Jesus, His Son, loves me. I don’t understand that when I have been so willful, so independent, so prideful and so unworthy of His magnanimous love, but I accept it because He said so (Romans 5:8).

As ridiculous and atheistic as Darwin’s theory of evolution is we can only hope he accepted the truth before he drew his last breath. His independence from God didn’t stop God from loving him and love endures to the end (Romans 8:38-39). Jesus Loves Me Anna B. Warner Jesus Loves Me Jesus loves me! this I know, For the Bible tells me so, Little ones to Him belong, They are weak but He is strong! Jesus loves me! He Who died, Heaven’s gate to open wide; He will wash away my sin,Let His Little child come in. Jesus loves me! He will stay close beside me all the way. He's prepared a home for me, and some day His face I'll see. Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes, Jesus loves me, The Bible tells me so.

No comments: