Thursday, July 7, 2011

I Will Wait On The Lord

“Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart.”(Psalm 27:14)

There is a mysterious marvel that happens when we “wait” on the Lord. When we wait expecting God to act on our behalf, our will becomes entwined with His will and we can rest in peace knowing His will and way is perfect no matter how everything turns out. Before waiting on God we were weak and vacillating, now we are strong and confident. Before we were fearful and shrinking, now we are courageous and hopeful. We become as a youth – running and not getting wearing; walking and not fainting; being lifted up in our spirit like a soaring eagle (Isa. 40:31).

This "waiting" is like the soldier who waits for the next order from His commanding officer. It is like the betrothed who waits for her promised one to come and marry her. It is like the wife waiting for her husband to return from war. All are waiting with expectancy and anticipation for their hopes to be fulfilled. Waiting develops joyful patience and enhances the time spent when the end of their wait bears fruition.

Nothing but good comes from waiting on the Lord. I will wait on the Lord, therefore, I will be strong and courageous!

Sweet Hour of Prayer
William W. Walford

Sweet hour of prayer, sweet hour of prayer, that calls me from a world of care,
and bids me at my Father's throne, make all my wants and wishes known.
In seasons of distress and grief my soul has often found relief,
and oft escaped the tempter's snare by your return, sweet hour of prayer.

Sweet hour of prayer, sweet hour of prayer, your wings shall my petition bear
to Him whose truth and faithfulness engage the waiting soul to bless.
And since He bids me seek His face, believe His Word, and trust His grace,
I'll cast on Him my every care, and wait for you, sweet hour of prayer.

No comments: