Tuesday, August 9, 2011

His Plans Are Forever

“The counsel of the Lord stands forever; the plans of His heart to all generations.”

It is amazing to me that God had plans and a purpose for me and every living soul that has ever and will ever live on the earth. “He saw my unformed substance and formed me in a secret and intricately and curiously created me, as if embroidered with various colors, in the depths of the earth (a region of darkness and mystery). God saw my unformed substance and He wrote all the days of my life in His book before they ever took shape” (Psalm 139:15-16 Amp.).

God saw me when my mother delivered me at home, which was a renovated chicken house; born into a poor farm family. He saw me as a three or four year old child wanting Jesus to “live in my heart.” He saw my joy as a young child when I discovered I could play the piano, without training – a gift He gave me.

He saw my love for school and my love of being with other children, although I had eight siblings at home. He saw my desire to go to college and provided a job so I could. He saw my desire to marry a Christian man and have a Christian home. He saw Wendell and I when we were dating and blessed our union in marriage. He saw us when our three children were born. He saw us when we dedicated them to the Lord. He saw each of them, Melody, Mark and Jennifer, as they grew up and married and had children, and then the grandchildren had children.

So now God sees us as parents, grandparents and great-grandparents. He sees us in our old age with all of its’ weaknesses and infirmities. He sees us as our faith and love for Him has grown, and how, like Isaiah, our face is set like a flint toward Heaven. He will see us all the way “Home.”

“How precious are His thoughts to me and how vast the sum of them. If I could count them they would be more than the sands of the sea. If I could count all of God’s thoughts toward me, I would still be with Him when I awake” (Psalm 139:17-18 Amp.).


God sees you also. He has plans for every day of your life (Jer.29:11). “They are plans for good and not for evil and to give you hope in your final outcome.” If you call upon Him and seek Him with your whole heart, you will find Him” (Jer.29:12-13). If you will “delight” yourself in the Lord, He will give you the desires of your heart (Ps.37:4).

The word delight in this verse means to “be soft and pliable.” When you are so yielded to Jesus that His will becomes your will and His desires for you becomes your desires, then He will give you the desires of your heart because they are His desires for you. If you yield your will and will become “soft and pliable” in His hands He will give you the desires of your heart. Do a personal heart check – 1) Do I love the Lord with all my heart? 2) Am I completely yielded to His will (am I delighting in Him)? 3) What are my desires? If the first two heart checks could be answered with, "yes," then you ask expecting to receive what you desire.

Not only does God see you but His thoughts are toward you constantly. “How precious are His thoughts to me and how vast the sum of them. If I could count them they would be more than the sands of the sea. If I could count all of God’s thoughts toward me, I would still be with Him when I awake” (Psalm 139:17-18 Amp.). It is win/win with Jesus!

Your ‘beginning,’ for sure was not like mine, but God loves you just as much, His thoughts are on you just as much and He is waiting for you to yield your whole self to Him, spirit, soul and body, so He can lavish His goodness on you. He is no respecter of persons and remember, His plans are forever, (don’t miss them). I Surrender All Judson W. Van de Venter All to Jesus I surrender, all to Him I freely give. I will ever love and trust Him, in His presence daily live. All to Jesus I surrender, Lord, I give myself to Thee. Fill me with Thy love and power, let Thy blessings fall on me. I surrender all, I surrender all. All to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all.

No comments: