Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Such Love


“God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son.” (John 3:16) If you had to pick out a one word definition for “love,” what would it be? Since God is love, He demonstrated the best definition for love and this verse tells us what it is – “giving.” God so “loved” that He “gave.” He gave the best of all He had – His Son. He gave His very “self.” He loved us that much! Can you imagine giving one of your children to save the life of someone who was your enemy? We cannot comprehend that kind of love – a God on whom we have brought reproach, and on His name, and have been a part of those who crucified Him, (and still do with our rebellion) and yet He continues to love us.
“Neither death nor life, nor any other created thing shall be able to separate us from the love of God” (Romans 8:38-39). If you will read the entire passage you will see the many things that cannot separate us from God’s love: angels, principalities, things present, things to come, powers, height nor depth. Nothing can separate us from God’s love. God will not love us any less no matter how much we sin, and He will not love us any more no matter how good we are. His love is perfect and unconditional toward us. He wants to shower His love and good gifts upon us and to live with us forever. Who could refuse such love? I know nothing about the future but I live with hope for today and hope for tomorrow knowing that nothing can separate me from God’s love! I have found that to live in joyful obedience is a way to communicate my love to Christ.
SUCH LOVE C. Bishop That God should love a sinner such as I, should yearn to change my sorrow into bliss, Nor rest till He had planned to bring me nigh, how wonderful is love like this! That Christ should join so freely in the scheme, although it meant His death on Calvary. Did ever human tongue find nobler theme than love divine that ransomed me? That for a willful outcast such as I, the Father planned the Savior bled and died; Redemption for a worthless slave to buy, who long had law and grace defied. And now He takes me to His heart – a son. He asks me not to fill a servant’s place. The “Far-off country” wand’rings all are done, wide open are His arms of grace. Chorus: Such love, such wondrous love, such love, such wondrous love, That God should love a sinner such as I, How wonderful is love like this!

No comments: