Thursday, January 12, 2012

Advent - "W" - "Why Did Jesus Come?"

December 22, 2011
“We have seen and know positively that the Son of God has actually come to this world and has given us understanding and come to know better and more clearly Him Who is true; and we are in Him Who is true – in His Son, Jesus Christ the Messiah. This Man is the true God and Life eternal” (I John 5:20).

A common question to a curious mind is, “WHY?” Many of the young and old, educated and uneducated are just as inquisitive about the known and unknown. I have always been a very inquisitive person, wanting to know the whys and wherefores to all kinds of things; "why," for things I don’t understand the reason or purpose; and "how" and "where" for more information.

Our "whys' about the Father, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and about spiritual things, are to satisfy our spiritual need to "know" God and His ways. I am sure people from time immemorial have asked the questions, Why do we need a Savior? - and Why did the Father choose Jesus of Nazareth to be our Savior? - and “Why did Jesus come?” God’s Word gives us the answers.

In Mark 10:45, Jesus came to teach us by example how to serve and be a servant.
He came to “Destroy the works of the devil.” (I John 3:8) He also came to fulfill the Father’s plan for us to be adopted into the Family of God (Ephesians 1:5).
Also Christ came to introduce us to the Holy Spirit Who was to be the “downpayment” of our inheritance and our acquiring complete possession of our redemption (Ephesians 1:14).

Another reason for Jesus’ coming, was to have the unity of all things to be consummated in Him, both things in heaven and things on the earth; and for God’s grace to be poured out on us in the Beloved (Ephesians 1:6-10).

Isaiah 42:6-7 says that Jesus came to fulfill the promise for a covenant to the people of Israel and for a light to the Gentiles.

Jesus came to give us life abundantly (John 10:10), and He was born to save sinners(I Timothy 1:15). Jesus said that He had come to show us the Father because He and the Father are one (John 14:9). He came to do the Father’s work (John 5:36) - to open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from the dungeon, and those who sit in darkness from the prison (Isaiah 42:7).

Jesus Christ came to satisfy the Father’s need for a pure and holy sacrifice for the people He had created and loved and wanted to call His own (I John 4:10). He came to make it possible that whosoever would believe in Him would be saved (John 3:16).

Why does God love us so much that He sent His own unique Son to bring reconciliation between God and man and to do all these things for us that we’ve mentioned? We probably will never know the answer to those questions, we just accept the fact that God does love us with an everlasting, unconditional love, and bask in His mercy and grace.


Why?
John M. Moore
Why did they nail Him to Calvary’s tree? Why? Tell me why was He there?
Jesus the Helper, the Healer, the Friend – Why? Tell me why was He there br />Why should He love me, a sinner undone? Why? Tell me, why should He care?
I do not merit the love He has shown – Why? Tell me, why should He care?
Why should I linger afar from His love? Why? Tell me, why should I fear?
Somehow I know I should venture and prove – Why? Tell me, why should I fear?

All my iniquities on Him were laid – He nailed them all to the tree;
Jesus the debt of my sin fully paid – He paid the ransom for me.

No comments: