Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Advent - "N" -"Names Of Jesus"

December 13, 2011 What delightful and meaningful names were given to the baby of Bethlehem - Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Savior and Redeemer. The Creator enters His creation into the world with great mystery. No other birth has affected this world as Jesus’ unique birth, and no other name has changed the course of history as His name – Jesus Christ. It is His-story.

The following scriptures teach how Jesus’ names are powerful and demonstrates His character. If we believe and trust in His names, they will build our faith and He will become more precious to us! Blessed be the Name of the Lord!
………………..

“For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

“Therefore, because He stooped so low, God has highly exalted Him and has freely bestowed on Him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee must bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father (Phil. 2:9-11).

“You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and I have planted you, that you might go and bear fruit and keep on bearing, and that your fruit may be lasting, so that whatever you ask the Father in My Name (as presenting all that I AM, He may grant it to you” (John 15:16).

Jesus praying for us: “I have made Your Name known to them and revealed Your character and Your very self, and I will continue to make You known, that the love which You have bestowed upon Me may be felt in their hearts and that I may be in them”
(John 17:26).

“These things are written in order that you may believe that Jesus is the Anointed One, the Son of God, and that through believing and cleaving to an trusting and relying upon Him you may have life through His name (through Who He is)” (John 20:31).

“And whatever you do in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus and in dependence upon His Person, giving praise to the Father through Him” (Col.3:17).

“If you suffer abuse because you bear the name of Christ, blessed are you because the Spirit of God is resting upon you” (I Peter 4:14).

“I know your works and what you are doing. See! I have set before you a door wide open which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept My word and guarded My message and have not renounced or denied My name” (Rev.3:8).

“He who overcomes I will make him a pillar in the sanctuary of My God; he shall never be put out of it, and I will write on him the name of My God…….and my own new name” (Revelation 3:12).
“They shall see His face and His name shall be on their foreheads” (Revelation 22:4).

Jesus names Himself throughout scripture:
1) “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last” (Revelation 22:13).
2) “I am the Root, the Source and the Offspring of David,
3) "The brilliant Morning Star” (Revelation 22:16).
4) “I am the Messiah, the Christ” (John 4:25-26).
5) “I am the Bread of Life” (John 6:35).
6) “I AM (the Eternal One)” (John 8:58).
7) “I am the Light of the world” (John 8:12).
8) “I am the Door” (John 10:7).
9) “I am The Son of God” (John 10:36).
10)“I am The Resurrection and the Life” (John 11:25).
11)“I am The Lord and Master (John 13:13).
12)“I am the True Vine (John 15:1).


Blessed Be The Name
(William H. Clark)

His name above all names shall stand, exalted more and more,
At God the Father’s own right hand where angel hosts adore.

Redeemer, Savior, Friend of man once ruined by the fall,
His love devised salvation’s plan, and He has died for all.

His name shall be the Counselor, the Mighty Prince of Peace,
Of all earth’s kingdoms Conqueror, Whose reign shall never cease.

Blessed be the Name, Blessed be the name, Blessed be the name of the Lord!

No comments: