Friday, December 23, 2011

Advent - "Y" - "Yes and Amen"

December 24, 2011

“In Him it is always the divine "Yes." For as many as are the promises of God, they all find their, "Yes" answer in Christ. For this reason we also utter the Amen (so be it) to God in His Person and by His agency to the glory of God.”
(II Corinthians 1:19-20) (Amp.)


One of my favorite words is, “Yes.” "Yes" is so positive, it gives such a feeling of satisfaction knowing our request has fallen on listening and giving ears. My favorite "yes" comes from my Father God. When He answers yes, I can be assured that my request is in His will, and according to His promises. His "yes, but wait" should not try my patience in wanting my request now, but I can be confident that in His perfect time, His "yes" will be on the way and will be beautiful and fulfilling when it arrives (Eccl.3:11).

The secret to hearing a yes from the Father is to be “in Christ.” Christ is our Advocate to the Father, and He pleads our cause and our case. But this pleading is not to get the Father to change His mind (will), but recounting to Him that we are connected to the Son by His shed blood that covers all our sins. Therefore we are clean and worthy to ask anything in Jesus’ name (and all that means), and desiring only the Father’s will. If we meet these requirements when we come to the Father with our requests, we can be assured that He hears us and His answer will be, "yes."

“And I myself will grant (say "yes" to) whatever you ask in my name (as presenting all that I AM), so that the Father may be glorified through the Son” (John 14:13-14). The Father says "yes" because our request has been filtered through the Son, and for which all that His name stands. In all this asking and answering the Father is shown to be faithful to His promises. His mercies, truth, love, graciousness, forgiveness, and all His attributes are proven and confirmed – all with His answer, "yes." No problem to which we seek an answer, nor any need for which we are asking supply, will be ignored when we come in the name of Jesus, asking according to His will. The answer will always be "yes."

“All in the Name of Jesus"
Stephen R. Adams

Truth and beauty and happiness – It’s all in the name of Jesus,
Health and heaven and peace and rest – It’s all in the name of Jesus,
Joy and gladness, forgiveness too, Life everlasting and free;
All that I’ve longed for and all I need – It’s all in the name of Jesus.

Care and comfort and healing and grace – It’s all in the name of Jesus.
Welcome and pardon, abiding place – It’s all in the name of Jesus;
Warmth and sunshine and friendship true, Fulfillment and blessing untold;
Hope for tomorrow and help for today – It’s all in the name of Jesus.

No comments: