Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Jesus Is All in All

I am a word person and I really like the word "all" because it includes me. "We are conquerors in all things (Rom.8:37)." "I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me (Phil.4:13)." " The righteousness of God is to all & upon all that believe (Rom.3:22)." My God shall supply all my need (Phil.4:19)." "Casting all your care on Him for He cares for you. ((I Pet.5:7)." These are just a few of the all promises that include me and I choose to believe them and prove the Father to be faithful in keeping them all.

Marilyn Meberg said, "Our love for God and in our trust of Him, we receive from Him all we are not." I am not a lot of things but Christ in me is my hope of glory and He makes up all the slack. He is my All in All!

I read a verse on the front of one of our Christmas cards by an unnamed person. "God knew our greatest need. If our greatest need had been information, God would have sent us an educator. If our greatest need had been technology, God would have sent us a scientist. If our greatest need had been money, God would have sent us an economist. If our greatest need had been pleasure, God would have sent us an entertainer. But our greatest need was forgiveness, so God sent us a savior."

I began to think of how Jesus is our All and All - He is all we need.
To the lost, He is the Way (Jn.10:14:6). To the builder, He is the Foundation (I Cor.3:10-15) and Chief Cornerstone (Eph.2:20). To the old, He is the New Nature (Eph.4:24). To the defiled, He is the Pure One (Luke 1:35). To the hungry, He is the Bread of Life (Jn.6:35, 48). To the condemned, He is the Righteous Judge (Jn.8:16). To the bound, He is the Liberator (Jn.8:36). To the helpless, He is the Good Sheperd (Jn.10:11). To the blind, He is the Light (Jn.12:35,36; 1:4). To the thirsty, He is the Water of Life (Jn.4:10,14). To the deceived, He is the Truth (Jn.14:6). To the dead, He is Life (Jn.14:6; 10:10). To the searcher for God, He is the Exact Image of the Father (Jn.14:7-10). To the hopeless, He is the Anchor of the soul (Heb.6:19; I cor.15:19-20; Gal.5:5). To the depressed, He is their Joy (Ps.16:11). To the weak, He is our Strong Rock (I Cor.10:4) and Almighty God (Ex.3:14; Isa.26:4). To the searcher, He is the Wonderful Counselor (Isa.9:6). To the one in turmoil, He is the Prince of Peace (Isa.9:6; Eph.2:14). To the needy, He is the Provider (Ps.23:1; Phil.4:19). JESUS IS OUR ALL IN ALL!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary !
I too - have a love for words - and you are to be blessed for helping me to have a love for the Scriptures. Thank-you! It took me an hour to delete the junk mail from my e-mail - and I did not receive any of the ones you sent. Sorry. Don't know why. Thank you for this ALL IN ALL.......for He certainly is ! In Christ ....... Me