Saturday, February 26, 2011

One of God's Equations

Two of my favorite verses in the Bible are, Psalms 37:4-5, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart," and "Commit your way to the Lord, roll each care on Him, trust and be confident also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass." To commit anything is to "roll away." When you roll anything you release it out of your control. To commit my way (manner of life) to the Lord is to release my life into His control and trust and be confident in Him that He is able to keep me; that He is able to provide for me; that He knows what is best for my welfare.

In verse four, when I "delight" in Him, means I am "soft and pliable" to His will. Then I can easily commit to Him and trust Him. Then He will give me the yielded desires of my heart. This is one of God's equations:
yielded will
+committed life
+trust in God
=desires fulfilled

There are no coincidences or happenstances in the life of a child of God. The Father delights in giving us the desires of our hearts when we are delighting in Him. The hard part is yielding, committing and trusting. Trusting in one's self is our biggest sin. The Father does not interject Himself into our will but waits until we choose to yield to Him. His equations never fail!

No comments: