Wednesday, February 23, 2011

THE PERFECT TEN

THE PERFECT 10
Do we truly desire to be like Jesus? If we do, that involves giving up our will in everything. When the last dregs of Jesus' humanity were being wrung from His soul, He cried out, "not my will but Yours, My Father." As we try to follow His example and teaching (Mt.6:10) we must first relinquish our will then ask the Father to teach us "to do Your will." In His Word He has taught us:
1) Be filled with the Spirit(Eph.3:18)
2) Yield yourself completely (Rom.6:19b)
3) Wait for the Lord (Isa.40:31)
4) Walk by faith (II Cor.5:7; Eph.5:15)
5) Put on God's whole armor (Eph.6:11-18)
6) Stand (Eph.6:13)
7) Pray without ceasing (Eph.6:18)
8) Be thankful always (I Thess. 5:18)
9) Rejoice always for all things (Phil.4:4)
10)Love (I Cor.13)

If we learn and practice these ten things we will be like Jesus.


O TO BE LIKE THEE!
Thomas O. Chisholm

O to be like Thee, blessed Redeemer, this is my constant longing and prayer.
Gladly I’ll forfeit all of earth’s treasures, Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear.

O to be like Thee, full of compassion, loving, forgiving, tender and kind,
Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting, seeking the wandering sinner to find.

O to be like thee, while I am pleading, pour out Thy Spirit, fill with Thy love. Make me a temple meet for Thy dwelling, fit me for life and heaven above.

O to be like Thee! O to be like Thee, Blessed Redeemer, pure as Thou art!
Come in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness.
Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart.

No comments: