Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Perfect Will Of God

“Not my will, but Yours be done.”

God’s will is perfect. His perfect will was set for each of us before He created our universe. His will is has been planned individually for every person who has lived and will live. Unless we relinquish our will to His perfect will we will never experience the fulfillment and abundant life He has planned for us. Living in His perfect will doesn’t mean we won’t experience troubles, temptations and tribulations, but His plan is to use these to sculpt His perfect likeness into our lives. As we continue to trust the Father through every experience, good or bad, our faith is grown and we experience the joy of “all things working out for our good (Rom.8:28).

In Jeremiah 29:11 God was speaking to those in captivity in Babylon, but it also applies to us (II Tim.3:16,17). God has plans for us for good and not for evil if we “seek Him with all our heart” (Jer. 29:13). This “seeking” must first involve our commitment to Him as Lord of our lives. Then we will find the joy, peace and fulfillment for which all of us are looking. Yielding our wills (plans, hopes and dreams) to the Father is the beginning of ‘knowing’ His perfect will for us. Proverds16:3 says, “Roll your works upon the Lord (commit and trust them wholly to Him). He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and so shall your plans be established and succeed.” One of Billy Graham’s daughters, Anne Graham Lotz, put it this way, “When we yield our lives to Jesus, we want what He wants more than what we want.”

If Jesus was so yielded to the Father’s will to pray this prayer in Luke 22:42, how can I be foolish enough to think I know what is best for my life (Prov.12:15)?

My prayer: “Father, I will commit my will to Your will so You will bring Your perfect will to pass in my life” (Ps.37:5 (Amp).


HAVE THINE OWN WAY


Have Thine own way, Lord, have Thine own way.
You are the Potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after Your will,
While I am waiting, yielded and still.

No comments: